Hoppa till navigering Hoppa till sök
Trärummet rules and recommendations
- Keep the door close at any time. Wood dust can damage the machines in the metalrummet.
- It is forbidden to work with pressure treated wood in the room for health reasons.
- You are only allowed to work with woods and some plastics in Trärummet. Metal, stone, bricks and anything else is forbidden to work with in the room.
- Always use some form of dust collection when working with the machines (not mandatory for the drill press and only when your are sanding a piece on the lathe).
- Always clean up (benches and floor) as soon as you are done and before you leave. This is a general rule for the makerspace, not just this room.
- Attend a wood workshop intro before using machines that you are unfamiliar with.
- Use eye protection and where applicable ear muffs when using machines.
- Keep long hair, loose clothing and any kind of straps, cords, jewelry etc. tucked away when using machines. If the catch in a spinning machine it can end really badly.
- Do not use gloves with the machines, if they get caught it will end badly before you can react.
Discussions, asking for help
Do you need help with how something works? Did something break while you used it? Do you want to talk to others working in Trärummet?
Come join us on Slack in the channel #trärummet
2021 to-do list for maintenance and upgrades
- Table saw
- Make zero-clearance inserts (create .dxf for the lasercutter)
- Band saw
- Balancing of the wheels to reduce vibrations
- Make a small dust collection system under the table (e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTLZtKWuvGs)
- Drill press
- Fix it with a chain to the ceiling/bold it to the ground
- Add a bolt to the top gear cover
- 3D print dust collection segmented hose (or buy one in bauhaus)
- make supports for the new tools on the french cleats
- Install some more lights?
- new motor.